Gary Taylor, John Jowett, Terri Bourus, and Gabriel Egan (eds), The New Oxford Shakespeare: Critical Reference Edition, Vol. 1
- 1From you haue I beene absent in the spring,
- 2When proud pide Aprill (drest in all his trim)
- 3Hath put a spirit of youth in euery thing:
- 4That heauie Saturne laught and leapt with him.
- 5Yet nor the laies of birds, nor the sweet smell
- 6Of different flowers in odor and in hew,
- 7Could make me any summers story tell:
- 8Or from their proud lap pluck them where they grew:
- 9Nor did I wonder at the Lillies white,
- 10Nor praise the deepe vermillion in the Rose,
- Critical Apparatus11They weare but sweet, but figures of delight:
- G1v Link 12Drawne after you, you patterne of all those.
- 13 Yet seem'd it Winter still, and you away,
- 14 As with your shaddow I with these did play.