To Mr R. W.
- 1MVſe not that by thy mind thy body is led:
- 2 For by thy mind, my mind's diſtempered.
- 3So thy Care lives long, for I bearing part
- 4It eates not only thyne, but my ſwolne hart.
- 5And when it gives us intermiſſion
- 6We take new harts for it to feede upon.
- 7But as a Lay Mans Genius doth controule
- 8Body and mind; the Muſe beeing the Soules Soule
- pg 2089Of Poets, that methinks ſhould eaſe our anguiſh,
- 10Although our bodyes wither and minds languiſh.
- 11Wright then, that my griefes which thine got may bee
- 12Cured by thy charming soveraigne melodee.