What is a Quick search?
A Quick search finds works, editions, authors, or specific terms (e.g. gold, deception).
Running a Quick search
1. Type or paste the term you want to find in the Search box.
2. Click or press Enter.
3. The results of your search are displayed in the Results list.
4. Click on any of the results listed to open it.
- To search for a phrase, enclose it in inverted commas (e.g. “to be or not to be”).
- You can use the wildcards * and ? in your search.
- Padlocked books are unavailable under your subscription
Other ways to search
- To search for a particular location within an edition (e.g. page), or within a work (e.g. scene, or line number) use Find location in text.
- For more targeted searches, specifying more than one search term, the type of text to be searched (critical apparatus, plays only), etc., use an Advanced search.