Find Location in Text
This page covers:
Find location in text enables you to look for a particular place in a work, such as an act or scene of a play, or a particular line within a numbered poem.
1. Click .
2. Type or paste the Author and/or Work title in the relevant boxes, and add the location you want to find in the Location box (e.g. “Shakespeare / Hamlet / 3.1” for act 3, scene 1 of that play).
3. Click or press Enter .
4. The results of your search are displayed in the Results list.
5. Click on any of the results listed to open it.
- OSEO attempts to find the most likely match or matches for your search term(s).
- If you enter a work title and/or author only, OSEO returns the closest match.
- To search for a word or phrase anywhere in the library, use a Quick search.
- For more complicated searches, specifying more than one search term, the type of text to be searched (critical apparatus, plays only), etc., use an Advanced search.