C. H. Herford, Percy Simpson, and Evelyn Simpson (eds), Ben Jonson, Vol. 11: Commentary; Jonson's Literary Record; Supplementary Notes; Index
XLV. DAVID LEWIS (?)On Ben Johnson's Bust, lately set-up in Westminster Abby,with the Buttons on the wrong Side.
- 1ORare Ben Johnson! what, a Turn-coat grown?
- 2Thou ne'er wert such, till thou wert clad in Stone:
- 3When Time thy Coat, thy only Coat impairs,
- 4Thou'lt find a Patron in a hundred Years:
- 5Then let not this Mistake disturb thy Sprite,
- 6Another Age shall set thy Buttons right.
From Miscellaneous Poems, 1726, p. 148. The bust was placed in the Abbey by Edward Harley, second Earl of Oxford.